Half-Town, Strachur - The setting for Neil Munro's 1896 short-story called "The Lost Pibroch", although Munro moves Half-Town from the Strachur side of Loch Fyne to a hillside on the Inveraray side. Rennie McOwan, in an article for Para Graphs, the Journal for the Neil Munro Society suggests that the name may have been a reference to the half-rental paid to the landowner.1 Half-Town, or Leth Bhaile, McOwan goes on, may also just indicate that it is located halfway up a hillside.